Who is eligible to become a McNair Scholar?
A participant must meet one of the following requirements before becoming a McNair Scholar:
Be from an underrepresented group in graduate education: (African American, Hispanic-Latino, Native American and Alaskan, other Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian)
All participants must also meet the requirements below:
- Be a Marian University Undergraduate Student
- Have and maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Be either a sophomore or a junior at the time of acceptance (32+ credits)
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Aspire to pursue a graduate level degree in your field of choice (ultimately a Ph.D or another research doctorate)
Are you uncertain about your eligibility?
Very often students mistakenly think they do not qualify for the McNair Program. If you are uncertain whether you meet the eligibility requirements, please arrange to meet with any McNair staff. They are the only individuals at Marian University trained to help you determine your eligibility.