REGISTERING TO VOTE IN WISCONSIN
Being an active citizen is important part of being a Marian student. We think it is important that you know how to register to vote and how to check out the issues. This page has information on who to register, how to look up the candidates and issues (non-partisan sites), and where your voting location will be.
ELECTION DAY IS NOVEMBER 8, 2016
If you're 18 and you have lived in Wisconsin for 28 days before Election Day with no intent of moving, you can register here
online. You can also register by mail by filling out this form
. You can register to vote up until 5pm on election day at the City and County Government building found at 160 S. Macy Street - Fond du Lac, WI 54935 (map
If you are from a state other than Wisconsin, you can find out how to register through this site
. It can also help you get an absentee ballot if your state allows for it. Timing is important, so check it out soon!
KNOW THE ISSUES
There are a number of bi-partisan sites that can help you understand the candidates and the issues. These are just a few that might help.
- Presidential Race
- The Council for Foreign Relations page
- ProCon Org Presidential Elections page
- U.S. House of Representatives and Senate Races(Wisconsin)
- Ballotpedia on U.S. Representatives and Senators page
- Politics.com page on Wisconsin races
- Wisconsin State Assembly Races
- Ballotpedia page on State elections
If you live on campus you should use the following addresses for finding your polling place: 750 E. Division Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935, which means you will vote at the County Fairgrounds. If you live off campus you can find your polling place using this site.
GENERAL VOTER REGISTRATION AND VOTING DAY INFORMATION
- Bring proof of residency, students may pick up a statement
on Marian letterhead from Administration building room A111, bring student ID.
- Bring Student ID and ID with Signature, and letter of
residency to the voting site.
- If off campus student is going to vote: Bring signature ID
and electric bill or other mail that has your current address on it to the