Student Guide to Marian's Purple Briefcase
On and off-campus jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities are posted on Marian's Purple Briefcase, our online job/internship board. If you are not already registered on Purple Briefcase, simply follow the directions below and begin your search. Remember to check Marian's Purple Briefcase frequently, as new opportunities become available throughout the semester.
STEP 1: Log onto Purple Briefcase: Click on the link above "Students and Alumni Login Here" or log in to your mymarian account, click on Offices on the top menu bar, click on Career Services on the drop down box, click on Purple Briefcase on the left-hand menu. Or you can go directly to: https://app.purplebriefcase.com/pb/account/login?s=marian
To Create a New User Account or Update Your Profile:
- To access Purple Briefcase for the first time to create an account, under New User, click on New Student, and log in using your Marian email address and your Marian network password.
- Click on the My Profile icon on the left-side navigation bar. Click on each tile (boxes) and select from the drop down menu in each tile of what you want to include in each box. For example, your degree, major, GPA, certification, campus club, and so on. Complete all tiles and upload a professional photo of yourself.
- Select About Me (gray box on bottom) to edit your name, contact information, major, student status and expected graduation date.
- Select Settings (gray box) and change show/hide public profile to visible to enable employers to view your information.
Step 2: Search for On-Campus Workstudy Jobs, Off-Campus Jobs, Internships, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Click on My Jobs or My Internships in the left-side navigation bar.
- To search for on-campus Marian University Workstudy jobs, go to My Jobs, click on Advanced Search at the top of the page, under Job Type select Workstudy from the drop down menu, under College Of select Marian University from the drop down box, then click on the Search button. You will see available Marian University Workstudy (on-campus) student jobs.
- For all other job searches, select the Job Type you are seeking (FT Job, PT Job, Workstudy, Campus Job, Internship, Volunteer, etc.)
- Your search results are listed in order of when they were posted, with the most recent listed first.
- If you would like to narrow your search results, specific additional search criteria (industry, job function, location, etc.)
- Click on a Job tile to view the Company Link tile to learn more or the Apply tile to apply for the position.
- Each posting will list directions on how to apply for the position.
- You can save a posting by clicking the Save the Job Star tile.
- Click Profile to learn more about the organization; click the Favorites Star in an employer's profile to receive notification whenever that employer posts new opportunities.
STEP 3: Search for Career and Internship Events
- Click on My Events in the left-hand menu.
- You will see a list of all current career and internship events (e.g. Career Fairs, Internship Workshops, Resume Writing Workshops, etc.)
- To view details and/or register, click on the Career Event's name.
- You can view the list of employers registered to attend Marian's Fall Health Professions Career Fair by clicking on the icon, next to the event.
STEP 4: Upload Your Resume (Optional)
If you would like employers to view your resume when searching our student database, you are encouraged to upload a current resume to your profile.
Click on My Docs in the left-hand menu.
Click the Browse button and select the file you wish to upload.
Select File Type: Resume
Enter a short description (e.g. Jane Marian's Marketing Resume) and Upload File.
Note: Make sure that your profile is set to public: click on the Settings icon and verify that "your public profile is visible;" if not, click the Show Profile button and Update.
STEP 5: View your "My Score"
To learn how well you're doing in your career development, view your "My Score."
- Click on My Score in the left-hand menu.
- Review the areas in which you have made your most progress.
- Identify areas in which to be more active, such as:
- Marketing yourself through a visual profile
- Uploading a resume for employers to view
- Exploring career topics in My Channels
- Favoriting/Saving jobs and internships
- Favoriting/Following companies
- Registering for career events
For further assistance, please contact the Career Services Office at: 920.923.7161