Service-Learning in the Community
Marian University is committed to building strong alliances within the community, benefiting Fond du Lac and the surrounding areas.
- Resources shared between the Marian University campus and the participating Service- Learning agency forges a reciprocal relationship that fosters growth that carries out into the community.
- Real needs in the community are met while the participating students expand their knowledge base.
- Fosters an ethic of service and civic participation in students who will be tomorrow’s volunteers and civic leaders.
Community Agency Role:
- Meet with Service-Learning coordinator or professor to discuss related needs and possibility of partnership
- Provide program contact information
- Facilitate student site orientation
- Provide adequate student supervision
- Assist students in gaining knowledge about area of study; agencies are viewed as co-educators in Service-Learning
- Maintain contact with Service-Learning coordinator and or professor
- Complete student and program evaluations
For more information about Service-Learning through Marian University contact:
Ashly Garner, Service-Learning Coordinator (920) 923-7161
Dani Huray, Service- Learning Senior Assistant (920) firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Development Center
Mobile Unit East