Upcoming Service-Learning Events:
- Service-Learning Recognition Luncheon - May 2, 2013 at 12:15 p.m. in the Stayer Center Dining Room
- Summer Service-Learning Institute: Training for faculty interested in learning about, and including service-learning within their 2013-2014 syllabi.
|Day 2: Service-Learning Assessment and Evaluation
Thursday, June 6, 2013
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Past Service-Learning Events:
Service-Learning at Marian University
In keeping with the commitments of Marian University to both serve the community of Fond du Lac inmeaningful waysand to provide exceptional educational opportunitiesfor students, Marian is proud to offer Service-Learning.
What is Service-Learning?
Service-Learning is defined as, “a teaching and learning approach that integrates community service with academic study to enrich learning, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.” Service-Learning pairs faculty with area organizations who are able to offer valuable real world experience through participation in thoughtfully organized service experiences which are defined, planned, implemented and coordinated collaboratively by students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Components of Service-Learning:
- Education and service to the community are combinedthrough a credit-bearing course.
- The service activity must meet an identified community need.
- Through student reflection about the service provided, understanding of course content and respect for others enhances a sense of civic responsibility.
To learn more, visit any of the following websites:
For more information about Service-Learning through Marian University contact:
Dani Huray, Service-Learning Senior Assistant (920) email@example.com
Student Development Center
Mobile Unit East