Graduate School Information
Depending on your career goals, graduate or professional school may be a logical step when you finish college or after you have been out of school for a little while.
What is Graduate School?
Graduate school constitutes an advanced program of study focused on a particular academic discipline or profession. Traditionally, graduate school has been "academic" (centered on generating original research in a particular discipline), but it may be "professional" (centered on developing skills and knowledge for a specific profession), or a combination of both.
Graduate programs involve:
· focused studies in a specific discipline with fewer elective possibilities
· rigorous evaluation of your work by professors and peers
· smaller classes with much student interaction
· work experience via internships, teaching, or research
· production of original research is often required
What if I am interested in a graduate program at Marian University?