Preparing for Graduate Studies
Graduate School Timeline - thinking about applying to graduate school but don’t know where to start? Use this timeline to help you begin.
Graduate School Admissions Tests - many graduate programs and professional schools require test scores for admission.
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General and Subject tests are required by many academic programs (Masters and Doctoral degrees). MBA programs usually require the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Other tests are required in other fields such as the LSAT for law school, the MCAT for medical school, the DAT for dentistry school, the OAT for optometry school, and the TOEFL English proficiency test for international students.
Financial Aid - graduate school can be a big investment. Most graduate students finance their education through a combination of funding sources.
Types of Funding:
· Assistantships are usually campus-affiliated work assignments (e.g. graduate teaching instructor, research associate) that provide an individual a stipend and often waive tuition and/or other matriculation fees.
· Fellowships are typically granted to individuals to cover their living expenses while they carry out research or work on a project. Awards may be single or multiple-year. Awards are usually based on an individual's merit as measured by grades, GRE scores, publications, and letters of recommendation.
· Grants are most often awarded to cover expenses associated with carrying out research or other specific projects, such as travel, materials, or computers.
· Loans are available from the government and other private sources.
· Scholarship awards are based on one or more criteria - merit, financial need, discipline of study, career goals or membership within a minority group.
Ets.org - Information on test registrations for many graduate entrance exams
Testmasters - Students can take publicly available exams, submit their responses for online grading, and receive feedback along with a professionally printed score report at no charge.
GRE Guide - Offers sample information through detailed articles regarding each aspect of GRE and contains free practice tests, customized according to the format and syllabus of the New GRE.
GRE Test Prep - Free GRE test preparation resources.
GMAT Test Prep - Free GMAT test prepration resources.
TestPrepPractice.net - various standardized tests like GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, MCAT, LSAT, SAT and 50 other major tests. We offer ample information through detailed articles regarding each aspect of these tests. Our website also contains free practice tests, customized according to the format and syllabus of the respective tests.
Marian Financial Aid Page
Scholarships.com - Find Money for College
Graduate Teaching Assistantship - Get Paid to Learn to Teach
Career Services , Administration Building, A101
Click Here to return to Career Services Home Page